Like this?

Saturday 10 September 2011

Club Patches..... (part one)



"I wouldn't belong to any club that would have me as a member" - Groucho Marx

There has been lots of buzz about club patches on the net lately. It seems that the LEO’s are harassing the 3 piece patches and causing repercussions that are affecting the motorcycling public in general.  Some motorcyclists in their pursuit to be bikers & form a club seem to unaware of the history, meaning and status of the 3 piece patch.

This post will try to clarify some of the points concerning the patching system of the clubs.

 First there is the No Patch:  This signifies a lone wolf or independent rider who has no connection to any organization. Could also be someone who belongs to a small private group who don’t want to advertize.

Second is the One Piece patch generally worn by family oriented groups, bike specific groups and objective specific clubs.  Some examples are the Harley Owners Group (HOG) and The Gold Wing Road Riders Association (GWRRA).

Third is the Two Piece patch which has varied meanings, the most common of which is a club waiting for approval to wear the three piece patch. But there are some club that have a two piece patch with no aspirations to elevate to a three piece. 

Fourth is the notorious three piece patch of the outlaw biker. 

The 1% diamond patch is usually worn in conjunction with the 3 pce patch designating a fully committed outlaw motorcycle club. (not to be confused with the ‘Outlaws MC’ [AOA]). But not all clubs who wear a 3 pce patch consider themselves outlaw motorcycle clubs. Some examples are clubs with only members who have military backgrounds (Falcons MC) or ones with members who have law enforcement backgrounds (Blue Knights MC).

A ‘cut’ is the vest that the patch is usually worn, which is generally leather or denim. This makes it easy to don the ‘colors’ over whatever the member is wearing at the time.
The ‘colors’ refers to the color of the patches such as Red/white for the Hells Angels or Black/white for the American Outlaw Association. The term ‘colors’ has come to refer to the whole ‘cut’, meaning that when you wear the cut you are showing or flying your ‘colors’.

The three piece patch is made up of a top rocker, which designates the name of the club, a bottom rocker which designates the chapter or charter that the member belongs to or whether he is a ‘Nomad’. In the center of the two rockers is the club insignia.

In 1924 the American Motorcycle Association (AMA) was formed to promote motorcycle riding in America. Groups of riders from the same area that rode together were sanctioned as clubs. At ‘AMA’ sanctioned events, awards were presented to the best dressed clubs, so that each started wearing matching outfits with the club name and insignia embroidered on shirts/jackets, which was the beginning of motorcycle club patches.

To be continued.....
.............................................................

Court rules cops' IDs aren't public

Biker dies in freak accident, blamed on tire debris

Motorcyclists remember their fallen, push for new laws
.......................................................

A very, very difficult question for Abby to ponder:

Dear Abby,
I've never written to you before, but I really need your advice on what could be a crucial decision.
I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs...phone rings, but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with the girls a lot recently, although when I ask their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them."
I sometimes stay awake to look out for her cab coming home, but she always comes walking up the drive as I hear the sound of a car leaving, around the corner, as if she has gotten out and walked the rest of the way. Why? Maybe she wasn't in a taxi at all?
I once picked up her cell phone, just to see what time it was. This caused her to go completely berserk. She quickly snatched the phone out of my hand and cursed me hysterically, screaming that I should never touch her personal property, then accused me of trying to spy on her.
Anyway, I have never broached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her. I decided I was going to park my Harley Davidson Lowrider next to the garage and then hide behind it so I could get a good view of the street around the corner when she came home. It was at that moment, crouching behind my motorcycle that I noticed a small amount of motor oil leaking through the gasket between the rear head and rocker arm cover.
So...is this something I can easily repair myself or do you think I should take it back to the dealer?
.............................

Till tomorrow.....

‘Hang in there’ ......  J D Redneck

5 comments:

  1. Hi, nice post. Well what can I say is that these is an interesting and very informative topic. Thanks for sharing your ideas, its not just entertaining but also gives your reader knowledge. Good blogs style too, Cheers!
    - The biker patches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent and honest post. I found this much useful information, Thanks a lot for this beauty Enjoying article with me. I appreciate it very much! Thanks for such post and please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your ideas and for surprising, interesting and useful information. Keep it up. This was an excellent article. It has some valuable content on this topic. Thank you for compiling it into an easy to read and well-written post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hanks for sharing this so interesting post! I really want to be thankful for the way you have put it here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Superb. I want to tell you how much I appreciated your clearly written and thought-provoking article.

    Thanks!
    stores that sell embroidery patches for clothes
    stores that sell back patches for clothes

    ReplyDelete